The vision and energy that led to Birmingham being dubbed ‘the workshop of the world’ is stronger than ever, given a new edge and impetus by the synergy of diverse cultures working tirelessly together to push all boundaries. From being home to world-leading companies and R&D, to world-leading meeting, eating and shopping venues, Birmingham is ready to do the business for your business.
Birmingham is a business city that never stops. A leading European business destination at the centre of a £85 billion regional economy, it has access to a working population of 4.3 million people, and provides a wealth of opportunities for companies looking to expand or relocate.
Birmingham is located in the centre of the West Midlands region of England. The City of Birmingham forms a conurbation with the largely residential borough of Solihull to the south-east, with the city of Wolverhampton and with the industrial towns of the Black Country to the north-west. See a UK map showing Birmingham.
• A strategic location at the centre of the national motorway network and at the heart of the UK rail network.
• Air, road and rail connections provide access to 400 million people across Europe
• 126 direct destinations from Birmingham Airport, including cities in Europe, North America and Asia.
• Over 98 per cent of the UK market – consumer and business – within a 4 hour travel time
• Largest concentration of businesses outside of London
• £85 billion regional economy – a major engine of UK growth
• The second highest retail spend in England comprising of £2.4 billion
• Access to 4.3 million people of working age population within one hours drive of the city centre
• Birmingham is the youngest city in Europe, with under 25’s accounting for nearly 40 per cent of its population
• Access to a talent pool of 40,000 graduates from the wider Birmingham area
• The city attracts 33 million people a year for business and pleasure
Birmingham Day & Night
By day – Birmingham is one of Europe’s most stylish and vibrant cities, boasting unique attractions, superb shopping as well as an impressive offering of art galleries and museums. Not to mention top quality restaurants, bars and clubs. Birmingham by Day map
By night - Enjoy a fantastic evening out in Birmingham. Visitors can experience world class culture at our theatres and concert venues, the hottest nightlife with our huge array of bars and clubs and superb fine dining at any of our award-winning restaurants. Birmingham by Night map